Every Tuesday, 7:00-8:30 PM
See our Facebook Events page for our weekly agendas, including speakers, panels, teaching, open discussion, etc. If you click “Going” or “Interested,” you’ll get an automatic reminder to attend. These meetings are also posted on Eventbrite if you search Mission Addiction and/or by date.
To be a beacon of faith, hope, love, and life for individuals, friends, and families struggling with addiction.
Everyone is welcome! Family members and friends are always welcome at Mission Addiction events, but you don’t have to be impacted by addiction to attend. We can all learn from and support each other, no matter what life brings. To help reduce the stigma of addiction, we are not anonymous. However, what is shared in our meetings and events “stays there” – we stress confidentiality and a safe environment.
This is a different kind of meeting with something new every week. It’s a safe place to meet, learn, and feel connected with others in similar situations.
We have music, prayer, guest speakers, videos, panels, open discussion, engaging time to practice a new concept or skill, recognition, etc.
“When I go to other meetings, I’m an addict. When I come to Mission Addiction, I’m a person.”
The most common things we hear about The Lighthouse are:
– Appreciate the teaching on Christian faith – without pushing it
– Appreciate the guest speakers/education in general – physical, emotional, relational, spiritual
– Confidential, yet open – family and friends can come
– “Sincere”; “really wants to help”
– Other quality services available – navigation, counseling, workshops, prayer/grief support, etc.
– Flexible meetings and agendas
– Sense of community or family; connected
– Volunteer opportunities to grow, give back
– Bigger mission/vision to help the recovery community, beyond the support group
If you have an interest in setting up another Lighthouse meeting in your area, feel free to contact us about that.